Have you started exploring the plugin & mod possibilities with Valheim and want to know how to install them? Read below on how you install the popular mod Valheim Plus quick & easy. If you need a dedicated Valheim Server, rent one from DatHost here.
How to Install Valheim Plus on your Server
If you’re hosting your server at DatHost (easy method)
- Go to your Control Panel and click Edit → Settings
- Scroll down and tick the box for Enable Valheim Plus + BepInEx and click Save.
- Go to the File Manager and open the config located at /BepInEx/config/valheim_plus.cfg and configure it to your liking.
If you’re hosting the server elsewhere
- Download the latest package called WindowsServer.zip from Github here
- Extract the contents of the .zip file into your root server folder
- Open the newly created ValheimPlus.cfg under BepInEx/config and configure it to your liking.
How to Install Valheim Plus on your Computer
- Download the latest package called WindowsClient.zip from Github here
- Right click on Valheim in Steam and click on Properties
- Click on Local Files and then Browse to go to your game folder.
- Extract the contents of the .zip folder into the game folder with any unzip software of your liking.
Use Valheim Plus Without Enforcing Clients to Install
By default the Valheim Plus Mod enforces all clients (all computers joining) to have the mod installed on their machine. If you don’t want that, and perhaps only want to use it to raise the Data Rate for the server or simply don’t want to enforce it, read below. Do note that most of the configuration won’t work without installing it on your computer.
- Go to your Control Panel and click Edit → File Manager
- Open the configuration file located at /BepInEx/config/valheim_plus.cfg
- Search in the file (Ctrl+F) after enforceMod and change it from true to false.
The procedure is similar if you’re not yet hosting your server at DatHost, you just need to find the file in your server folder on your own.